Sunday, April 6, 2014

Are You Breathing?

The earth's magnetic field affects us in many ways. Today I had the pleasure to learn about The Diaphragm and Breath and how our breath is connected to our heart. Andraly Horn, LMT, BCST took our class on a guided meditation connecting each person in the room with a simple breathing exercise, increasing the perceptual awareness while achieving peace in our minds!

I learned that we all need to be aware of our inner body, outer body, immediate environment, and nature on a daily basis. Without this connection we cannot have wholeness. As we breathe and pay attention to our breath we connect our hearts, connecting to stillness and nature!

Try this exercise: Breathe in on the count of 4, hold that breath for 7 seconds, breathe out on the count of 8! Once you develop this breathing technique by practicing it every day, twice a day, it will be a very useful tool that you will always have with you. Use it whenever anything upsetting happens - before you react. Use it whenever you are aware of internal tension. Use it to help you fall asleep. Use it to deal with food cravings. Great for mild to moderate anxiety, this exercise cannot be recommended too highly. Everyone can benefit from it. Dr. Andrew Weil demonstrates this here: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/VDR00112/The-4-7-8-Breath-Benefits-and-Demonstration.html


Breathing effects our Autonomic Nervous System, Heart Rate, and Coherence!

Enjoy this beautiful video from the Institute of Heart Math!



If breathing is difficult for you due to colds, bronchitis, sore throats, sinusitis, coughs and respiratory congestion try a blend of essential oil to enhance this exercise! 


In closing I would like to leave you with a quote or two.   "Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?" ~Mary Oliver
"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am."

Sylvia Plath

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Health/Healthy-Living/Quotes-About-Breath-and-Breathing.aspx?p=4#e1qgqZMeu5midWb3.99

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am." ~Sylvia Plath

Enjoy the long term effects with your new breathing exercise! Be still, Just be!

~Deana Hodell, LMT


Breathe helps to soothe inflamed tissues, support the elimination of bacteria and viruses, and opens airways using an essential oil blend of laurel leaf, peppermint, eucalyptus, melaleuca, lemon, and ravensara. - See more at: http://doterrablog.com/breathe-in-breathe-out#sthash.KH8LC6iD.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment